Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015: “Those I’ve loved along the way: Loveworn”


"Loveworn"

I never knew my Great grandmother Stadolka.  I was given a great gift years ago after my Grandmother Dean passed away.  It was my great grandmothers engagement ring that along with my Grandfather Deans wedding ring are my most valuable possessions.  They represent love, pure and everlasting love.  I know not how long my great grandmother was married. The ring indicates is was for a lifetime, the band is worn all of the way through while the diamond still shines bright.  How is it possible for a possession to show so much to carry a love story with it? 



Amazing is all I can think of as my heart sits here filled with love, hope and dreams while envisioning a black and white movie playing out this love story.  Family is a beautiful thing, holding this ring close represents the past.  This ring represents the future.  One day I will give this ring in its loveworn condition to a woman I will ask to be my wife.  

No comments:

Post a Comment