Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30, 2015: “Addicted to Books”


This week I finished 2 books.  I rewarded myself with 2 books from my happy place Barnes and Noble to make up for it.  The queue continues to grow, the shelves become overfilled and I become full of stories. 
I usually take to reading a few different genres at once usually a book on Buddhism, philosophy, nature/adventure, fitness and fiction.  

Today I added a book through my game I play called book roulette.  It goes like this I walk into Barnes and Noble, at which point I choose a section.  I choose three random number.  The first number is the aisle, the second is the section and the third is the shelf.  That gives me one small shelf with around 20 books to choose from usually it is of two or three authors.

Today’s choice was “The Eyre Affair” by Jasper FForde.  I chose his book because on the font cover the review from the Wall St. Journal said it combines elements of Monty Python, Harry Potter, Steven Hawking and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  It sounds amazing, two of my favorite things are Harry Potter and Buffy and that is why I now own this book.  I also bought a bargain book on Buddhism called “The Dude and the Zen Master” by Jeff Bridges and Bernie Glassman.  I just finished my previous read “You Are Here” by Thich Nhat Hanh


My name is Nathan MacFarlane and I’m addicted to books.

No comments:

Post a Comment