Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11, 2015: “Holding Onto my Soul”


Lacking inspiration, I put my face to my camera and through the eyepiece I felt calm.  No idea for the photo and then I looked at a few of my books.  The books that guide my journey through this world.  When I need calm on a stormy day, I can turn to the Buddhist principles.  I look for kindness and love in this world.  I create my own for those around me. 

My only problem is I do this in waves, I always have one book in my bag but do not always practice.  The ultimate way I find peace is through meditation.  Sitting in peace creating an inner focus I am able to let things go, move forward and put aside fear.   I lack the solid practice to keep the contentment and hope for the future I find within the books.




With guides like thich nhat hanh, the dalai lama, and jack kerouac I know I can straighten my ship and gather my focus.  This peaceful photo came from lack of focus.  My current state in this project is a daily focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment