Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 15, 2015: “Throwback Thursday to Today”


Today is the social media day we dig through the archives and find photos of days gone by.  We then post and share on facebook, Instagram, twitter etc.  I thought what could I do today, my first thought was a photo I called label.  Then I saw a few photos of friends from days before I knew them.  It is interesting to see where people come from, where they are now and knowing they are not as close as you want. 


I looked through the few photos I have when I was younger and decided to attempt a re-creation today.  A few things I realized; I will never be as cute as I was when I was a little tike.  Life changes, no matter how much we wish it wouldn’t it does.  I have to make the best with what I have today and need to bring the carefree attitude I had as kid to get ahead in life today.

Look at that photo of me from 26 years ago maybe.  I dressed like a champ to be snacking.  I had no idea how I mismatched I was or even such a thing existed, the glasses were much too big or anything of the sort. 

Since that photo so much as changed but I am still pretty goofy with an offbeat sense of self.  I still can’t dress myself sometimes.  The major change from then to know is that I am extremely aware of my surroundings.  I analyze every situation and am considered extremely serious, sometimes too intense.  My quirky ability to be by myself or in extremely small friendships groups is often seen as weird.  As a child it was great to spend a whole day inside my creating and dreaming.  I often do that today. 


Throwing forward from then to now as much has changed much has stayed the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment