Saturday, March 14, 2015

Photoblog:3/13-3/14 Tea and Pi

March 13, 2015:  “Rusty Chain”

My weekly tea photo is just that a tea photo.  This project is called daily photo for me to take good photos, bad photos, great photos.  To take photos set up, to take photos quickly, to just simply take photos.  As I take the photos I learn a little each time, no matter what it is how intricately setup or lazily thrown together.  This project is meant to help me grow and develop my photography, creativity and focus. 

Some days I surprise myself and some days I disappoint myself.  Days like this I am disappointed in my lack of creativity and overall photography.  I will take a lot of tea photos probably highlight it once a week but I want it to be something special.  This is not special but alright.  I do love my coasters they are really cool from my old bike parts.

March 14, 2015: “PI Day”

This is not a picture of pie nor of the number pi 3.14159265359…  This is picture of my fondest pi memory.  If you know me I have always liked numbers, always excelled at math in school.  Solving a problem was always a challenge I wanted to take on.  I could sit analyzing numbers for hours and even today still can.  My life is separated into spreadsheets for financials, concerts, workouts etc.  all created by myself to analyze myself.  Numbers, numbers, numbers and what is better than a number that never ends like PI.

I don’t remember the grade but for PI day we were given the challenge of memorizing the first 100 digits of Pi.  I think I was 1 of 4 in the whole school who did it.  It was intriguing and challenging.  Looking back now I don’t know how I did it but I did.  That may be the most challenging thing I ever did.  I didn’t do it for a prize, I did it because I was fascinated by numbers and am still

superfascinated how that number can never end.  My photo today is of that memory.  I received a Cadbury milk chocolate bar for the accomplishment.  It was by far the best candy bar I ever had.  I setup the photo for to focus on the candy bar and it kind of turned into something else.  I really do like the setup and image.  I learned a little today and saw a few different things I knew about but this image taught me a bunch and turned out excellent.  Happy Pi Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment