Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 15, 2015: “Speedlight”

March 15, 2015: “Speedlight”
Today was a horribly shitty day in every facet of what shitty could be.  I worked, people were assholes and needy.  There was not near enough coverage and it just burnt me out and made me wonder what the hell am I doing.  I literally didn’t think about photography or anything other than how this life sucks and seems worthless.  I’m wasting it miserable, underappreciated and struggling to get by day to day.

I then thought I have this 365 project I have been working on, I have no idea if anyone is actually reading or looking at the photos yet everyday I continue to do it for myself.  One of the most beautiful things in the world is a spinning tire.  It goes slowly up hills, fast downhill and steady on the journey.  I truly love the feeling of each, peaceful and painful. 
I did a very minimal setup because of my mindset.  This photo would be pretty amazing if I had taken the time to setup a backdrop.  My attitude and self pity said no.  I turned off my lights to be in complete darkness other than a tv light which I used for ambient.   I spun the tire for 13 seconds, while it was spinning I shot a led strobe to add a little pop to the blue and the spokes.  You can see the motion and the speed.  In post production I took out the color in the bookshelf.  I will likely redo this against a black backdrop at some point.  Today though it capture beauty in angst.  How I feel today.  Today was just a bad day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment