Sunday, February 15, 2015

Photoblogfor Photos Feb 9-14

February 9, 2015: “Warhol”

I get random things floating into my head all the time.  Andy Warhol randomly appeared.  I was thinking color, a portrait or something.  Then it became clear the album cover of Velvet Revolver.  I would create my version in an image.  Honestly it is not something hard to photograph or recreate.  I think album covers are the best type of art.  One image to portray your music.  At some point I may do an album cover series but for now this is a start.

February 10, 2015: “Presence”

My inspiration for today was my artist friend Chelsea.  I met her to photograph for her portfolio, I had initially thought I was going to do a separate shot for my photo of the day.  I did end up shooting what I had planned.  I was much more intrigued by her creativity and art. 

She had to develop a piece of art out of red paper and an idea.  She chose to “Be Present”, what she created was pretty special.  It shows how one thing is two, how to focus on the moment and be present.  Her creation was a one of a kind kaleidoscope.  The images did not change, it was not traditional in any type of way.  You look in it and see nothing, slide off the one part and in a mirror you see the words “Be Present”.  Find focus, live in the moment and be present.

I loved that being creative has no time limit or style.  Creativity is boundless in photography, art, music and any other medium you can come up with. 

February 11, 2015: “Workflow”


I had photos, photos, and more photos.  My workflow was going strong making things pretty and getting things done.  I had two screens flowing, it is long and tedious even with the most basic processing.  I sometimes think about getting into film just so I only capture truly great shots and limit the amount of shots.  I shoot concerts, in shooting concerts I tend to overshoot.  It means I have more than enough photos to go through but the thing is I am looking for the shots that captured the performance.  I have my cup of tea and workflow.  Lots and lots

February 13, 2015: “Salon Dog”

O is his name, just O.  I walk into the salon he greets me, licks my face and in most cases stays by my side for the duration of my stay which can be 5 minutes or 5 hours.  He snuck in to steal my motivation for doing a Friday the 13th style photo to show off his cuteness during my O selfie series.  A simple head on shot no lighting and just getting to look at the camera without trying to lick it.  Nothing better than being friends with the salon dog.

February 14, 2015: “Valentines Day Death”

I had an idea, initially it was to rip out my own heart and be standing in a pool of blood with a heart in my hand.  That changed though it was going to be either an eligible bachelor shot, or mysterious man.  I was dressed up had everything all set.  I was working with the mysterious man idea, it grew and developed into the mysterious man attacking me while tied up.
 

 It was hard to get the lighting as I wanted in both shots.  Being backlit it created a good eerie darkness, I shot a light with a snoot to minimize the light to my face.  I took 10 total shots, to put 2 shots in together.  It took me four shots to decide on the killer holding the nail pegged board about to slam down.  The other six shots were sitting back turned, or front facing and what emotion I wanted on my face.  In combing these two images I feel I caught fear and the black and white adds drama.  I didn’t like the tones and coloring in the color image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment