Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February 3, 2015: “Mirror, Mirror”



I had been hearing noises at various points throughout the day, saw a few creepy cars and was weirded out all day.  I thought how can I portray a bit of drama and creepiness. I initially wanted to set up a shot that portrayed me driving with a shadow behind me.  Being 10 degrees I quickly scrapped that idea.  I still wanted to capture that style shot, my lens was not wide enough to put on the dash and capture what was looking for, so I settled on the face in the mirror.  I was able to light up the scene with a single speed light bouncing off the dash.  It made it look like headlights coming in.  I was very pleased with the setup although before I could get focused in my speedlight batteries died.  I brought a piece of the weirdness out today.  This shot will be replicated when it is warmer and all my equipment is 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment