Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Photoblog February 18-24: Getting caught up finally

February 18, 2015: “Dreaming”

I received that pillow for Christmas.  I look at it everyday and on it holds a passion of my bicycling.  Everyday I dream about a life of contentment, peace and prosperity.   I value dreams that enrich my soul and life not dreams that provide riches of the material world.   I dream to share myself with the world.  Dreaming just dreaming about tomorrow forgetting about be present living stuck chasing a dream while forgetting to chase the dream.

February 19, 2015: “Frozen”

It is another day of negative temperatures, frozen to the bone the wind blows right through.  On the board above I watch it drop from 0 to -2 all the way to -10.  Beware watch out for that wind it will chill your bones at a -30.  Frozen, my bones feel broken, my head feels dry, days like these I feel like I may just keel over and die.  Till tomorrow when I freeze again.

February 20, 2015: “Misspiration”

I had no idea what the photo of the day would be I was driving home from work, stopped at a red light I saw a familiar sight.  A fire truck at the towers on Main Street in Lockport.  Almost everyday I see an emergency vehicle ruin what should be a great street, a city with so much history is falling apart.  Sirens sound, lights glow I lack inspiration.  The men and women work hard to save those who need saving while a city worth saving is decaying.

February 21, 2015: “Thirsty”

I went to the grocery store today, came home looked inside my bag what did I see.  Five new types of tea, bananas and bacon.  I lack the ability to buy groceries to make meals I end up after the trip with 20 different flavors of tea, some herbal, black, green, white, spiced and mixed.  So many options to calm my nerves, to wake me up, to put me to sleep.  I have a bit of an addiction but it is healthy so I am fine.  Come to tea time, you can drink from glass or steel, have a little cup or a full pot.  I’d like to sit and talk it is tea time come be a part of me.


February 22, 2015: “Watch Me”

What is a gadget I said to myself?  What do I own that is gadgety?  As this is the challenge for photo club.  A spark went off in my head, I opened my drawer pulled out 4 watches.  Two of which I decided would be fun to take apart, I was successful in getting one open.  To my dismay there were not gears or sprockets, just all electrical wires and such. 

I set up one flash with a silver umbrella directly behind a hanging open watch which I shot with a 300mm macro lens.  It came out extremely well focused right on the insides.  A fun little project which showed me that I can find beauty in struggle.  I struggle sometimes with photography.  Today I struggled to an answer.

February 23, 2015: “ Comatose”

I sit, I hold, I’m stuck, I’m wasting away in the middle of winter.  This remote, that box are on in the foreground, background, all around .  I’m stuck in a state indoors, I’m stuck in my head, I’m stuck just stuck in a comatose state.  I’m moving out of it with hope in my heart knowing the weather will fight and change.  I work to keep it positive, I work to keep it strong.  Stuck in this moment with all of you fighting these winter time blues. 







February 24, 2015: “Thank You”

I love photography, I love creating, I love life, I love you.  Thank You




No comments:

Post a Comment