Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February 4, 2015: “Ain’t it Pretty”


Snow, snow, snow go away already.  You were pretty back in November before that 8 feet you dropped in 1 day.  You were pretty in December when I was holiday shopping.  You are pretty when I have absolutely nothing to do.





You are no longer pretty, you are annoying, causing me to lose patience, causing me to worry, causing me undue stress.  I must say day after day it has worn me down.  I have a shovel in my hand, I have a car to drive and survive.  The world is in such a hurry I force myself, like every other person to go to work. It is dangerous the roads haven’t been plowed but making money has become a ridiciulous.  Productivity over people in most places, work, work, work. 

Snow is horrible, snow is great, snow is fun, snow is sad.  Today it was all of them, I ended my night with snow is fun.  I set up 2 speedlights, one on the right and one on the left.  I overpowered them t capture the snow blowing.  It washed me but I was able to bring back a little, also getting pinpoint focus was hard.  I am happy with it.  My only problem is I didn’t want to stay out to long and expose my equipment to the weather.  I could have setup another speedlight to capture more snow and set the other 2 to capture better lighting on myself. 

Overall I am happy with what turned out.  It caught what I was going.  Self portraits are hard especially in less than desirable condition.  I made it happen. Remember life is beautiful and we are all connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment